(New York) – Many proud Americans want to send support to a soldier in harm’s way, but have no idea of what to send, who to send it to, or how to send it. That’s why Senator Kemp Hannon is partnering with “Any Soldier,” to offer community members an easy way to support our brave troops.
Senator Hannon registered his Community Office in Garden City as an official drop-off site for care packages and items that will be shipped to “Any Soldier,” and then directly sent to our troops serving overseas.
Here are some items troops are asking for:
FOOD, SNACKS AND DRINKS:
* BEEF JERKY / SLIM JIMS
* COFFEE (Ground or whole; instant or drip. Ground is preferred)
* POWDER DRINK MIX (Gatorade, Kool-Aid, Crystal Light)
* SUNFLOWER SEEDS & PUMPKIN SEEDS
* TUNA & CHICKEN SALAD (in foil pouches, or ready-to-eat kits – no cans)
* PROTEIN POWDER & PROTEIN BARS
TOILETRIES: (Please NO hotel samples)
* BABY WIPES (travel size)
* HAND SANITIZER (travel size)
* LINENS: Pillow cases, twin sheets, towels (green & tan)
* T-SHIRTS: Cotton green & tan under shirts – new (Sizes: M, L & XL)
[Note: The DOD banned “Under-Armor” shirts due to its material being potentially flammable & bad reactions to open wounds.]
* LAUNDRY DETERGENT & FABRIC SOFTENER
Please deliver any items to Senator Hannon’s Community Office located at 224 Seventh Street, Suite 200 in Garden City. For a full list of items our troops are in need of, please visit Senator Hannon’s website, kemphannon.com.
Remember, showing support can mean simply writing a heartwarming thank you letter. Please feel free to submit your letters to Senator Hannon’s office in an unsealed envelope. For more information about “Any Soldier,” visit anysoldier.com.
Disclaimer: News articles on this site may contain opinions of the author, and if opinion, may not necessarily reflect the views of the site itself or the views of the owners of NewsLI.com, Long Island Media Inc., or Long Island Exchange®. For more information on our editorial policies please view our terms of service.