Six People Arrested for Selling “Blunts” to Minors; Suffolk Police Conduct Initiative Into Sale of Cigars
Published on January 17, 2014 · Filed Under Crime
by Dana Klosner
(Long Island, NY) Six people were arrested for selling cigars to a minor in Bay Shore, Brentwood and West Islip on January 16 between 7p.m. and 11p.m.
Third Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an initiative into the sale of cigars to underage patrons at thirty businesses and six were found to be in violation.
Photo credit: NewsLI.com file photo by Christoper Tozzi.
The cigars, referred to as “blunts” on the street, are commonly used to roll marijuana cigarettes.
The following people were charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor 2nd Degree:
- Rajib Dey, 27, employed by Citgo, 1050 Udall Road, Bay Shore
- Laig Sheikh, 44, employed by BP, 1672 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Harpeet Singh, 27, employed by Express Gas, 1034 Islip Ave., Brentwood
- Marghoobul Haque, 43, employed by Valero, 1692 Union Blvd., Bay Shore
- Marcos Pinto, 54, owner of Lucy and Marcos Deli, 87 Brook Ave., Bay Shore
- Ceren Akkaya, 18, employed by Delta Gas, 305 Union Blvd., West Islip
The above people were issued a Field Appearance Ticket and are scheduled to appear at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.