Medford Couple Arrested for Series of 15 Armed Robberies Targeting Suffolk County Businesses
Published on January 17, 2014 · Filed Under Crime
by Dana Klosner
(Long Island, NY) A Medford couple was arrested on Wednesday, January 15 for a series of 15 armed robberies including six robberies at Subway restaurants around Suffolk County between December 9 and January.
Video of the entire press conference regarding the investigation of Marino, 29, and Greco, 23, both of Medford, which was held on January 17, at Suffolk County Police Headquarters at 12:30 p.m.
Following a lengthy investigation into a pattern of robberies targeting businesses two people were identified as suspects.
Detectives determined that Christopher Marino committed 15 armed robberies during which he stole cash. His girlfriend, Jamie Greco, waited in a vehicle and drove Marino away from the scene.
Marino, 29, and Greco, 23, both of Medford, were charged with 15 counts of Robbery 1st Degree. The robberies occurred at:
- KFC, 800 Montauk Highway, Shirley, on January 7
- Mobil on the Run, located at 3239 Sunrise Highway, Islip Terrace, on January 7
- Subway, located at 600-7 Portion Road, Lake Ronkonkoma, on January 5
- Subway, located at 173 Smithtown Blvd., Nesconset, on January 3
- 7-Eleven, located at 2810 Route 112, Medford, on January 3
- Royal Market, located 451 Glen Drive, Shirley, on January 2
- Carvel, located at 536 Main St., Center Moriches, on January 1
- Hess, located at 1801 North Ocean Ave., Medford, on December 31
- Subway, located at 600 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on December 29
- Subway, located at 402 Route 112, North Patchogue, on December 28
- Hess Express, located at 440 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on December 26
- Sunoco, located at 3423 Route 112, Coram, on December 25
- Hess, located at 3203 Route 112, Medford, December 15
- Subway, located at 2920 Route 112, Medford, on December 11
- Subway, located at 2920 Route 112, Medford, on December 9
Marino and Greco were both scheduled for arraignment on Friday, January 17 in First District Court in Central Islip.
Detectives determined that Christopher Marino, 29 (left) committed 15 armed robberies with his girlfriend, Jamie Greco, 23, whom waited in a vehicle and drove Marino away from the scene.