Democratic Leaders Announce Endorsement for Tom Suozzi
February 15, 2013
Jacobs: United party needed to defeat Mangano
(Long Island, NY) Democratic leaders and elected officials from across Nassau County announced their support for former County Executive Tom Suozzi, who stated on Tuesday that he will seek the Democratic nomination.
Earlier this week, Nassau County Democratic Chairman Jay Jacobs said that he would unite the Democratic organization around the strongest candidate and the party would back Suozzi.
“This continues to be an ongoing process, but it is my firm belief that over the next few weeks our party will unite behind Tom Suozzi. With a strong and unified organization we will be able to focus our energy on defeating Mangano and the GOP Machine this fall,” said Jacobs.
“I am extremely grateful for the support of so many Democratic leaders and elected officials and I look forward to working with them throughout this campaign to create our shared vision for the future of Nassau,” said Suozzi.
Suozzi received endorsements from:
- William Biamonte - Town of Hempstead Leader (ToHDC)
- David Gugerty - Town of Oyster Bay Leader
- Ann Famigliette - City of Glen Cove Leader
- Michael Zapson - City of Long Beach Leader
- Minority Leader Kevan Abrahams (LD 1)
- Legislator Carrie Solages (LD 3)
- Legislator Joseph Scannell (LD 5)
- Legislator Judy Jacobs (LD 16)
- Legislator Delia DeRiggi-Whitton (LD 18)
- Legislator Dave Denenberg (LD 19)
The Town of Hempstead is Americas largest township, population wise and is home to one of the most active Democratic Committees in Nassau County.