Seventh Annual Fall Long Island Restaurant Week Declared Success
November 21, 2012
(Long Island, N.Y.) The Seventh Annual Fall Long Island Restaurant Week was a great success. The eight-day-long promotion, which ran from Sunday, November 4 through Sunday, November 11, included 248 restaurants, 134 of which extended the promotion through Sunday, November 18 as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Participants offered their own unique three-course prix fixe menus for $24.95, which resulted in packed restaurants from Floral Park to Montauk.
Long Island Restaurant Week attained impressive numbers despite the down economy. Total restaurant revenue was estimated to be $7,180,864 with New York State taking in an estimated $393,611 in tax dollars. According to preliminary results from post-event surveys, participating restaurants served an estimated total of 185,600 meals. Long Island Restaurant Week also recognized the need to help those unable to participate as diners in this event and made donations to Interfaith Nutrition Network (www.the-inn.org) and Family Service League (www.fsl-li.org).
Many restaurants decided to extend Long Island Restaurant Week, especially in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Restaurants agreed to extend to give the people of Long Island more time to enjoy the promotion and escape the burden and challenges caused by the hurricane.
Extensions in Nassau County:
- Bellmore – Sage Bistro, Bella Notte, 490 West, Shiro of Japan;
- East Meadow – Jake’s Steakhouse;
- East Norwich – Luce Ristorante;
- Floral Park – Crabtree’s Restaurant, Jameson’s Bar & Grill;
- Garden City Park – Akbar Restaurant, MINT, Rein at the Garden City Hotel;
- Glen Cove – Cedar Creek American Bar and Grill, La Pace with Chef Michael, Tappo;
- Great Neck – LOLA;
- Hicksville –West East Bistro;
- Jericho – Market Bistro, Milleridge Inn, West End Café;
- Levittown – Sicilia Ristorante;
- Locust Valley – The Brass Rail; Massapequa – Hudsons Mill, Ciao Baby;
- Massapequa Park – La Bottega of Massapequa Park;
- Merrick – Nicholas James Bistro, Grillfire, La Strada;
- Mineola – Andiamo, Davenports;
- Oceanside – Brasserie Persil, Sole Italian Eatery;
- Oyster Bay – Jack Halyard’s American Bar & Grill;
- Plainview – Ayhan’s Shish Kebab, Red Fish Grill;
- Port Washington – La P’Tite Framboise;
- Rockville Centre – Aperitif Bistro Lounge Wine Bar, Chadwick’s at the Station, Dodici Restaurant, Cielo Ristorante, Geroge Martin the Original, Prime Catch Seafood Grill;
- Roslyn –Thyme Restaurant & Café Bar, Mims Roslyn;
- Seaford – Runyons;
- Syosset – CoolFish, Rachel’s Café, Mims Syosset; Wantagh –Thom Thom Steak & Seafood;
- Westbury – Benny’s Ristorante, Chi Dining Lounge;
- Woodbury – Andrea’s 25, Sage Bistro Moderne;
Suffolk County extensions:
- Amityville – Vittorios Restaurant & Wine Bar, VERO Italian Kitchen & Lounge;
- Babylon – The Argyle Grill & Tavern, Barrique Kitchen and Wine Bar, Babylon Carriage House, Café Il Villaggio, Horace & Sylvia’s, Monsoon, Nocturne; Baiting Hollow – Cooperage Inn;
- Bellport – Porters on the Lane;
- Blue Point – Blue, Blue Point Bistro & Grill;
- Bridgehampton – Almond;
- Commack – Andrea’s 25, Ciao Baby, Perfecto Mundo Latin Fusion Bistro;
- Cold Spring Harbor – Harbor Mist Restaurant, Jackson’s;
- Cutchogue – Touch of Venice;
- East Hampton – The 1770 House, The Living Room;
- East Islip – Beachtree Restaurant, Irish Coffee Pub, Shandon Court;
- Eastport – Trumpets on the Bay East Northport; Mascali Restaurant
- East Setauket – Bliss Restaurant;
- Great River – Strip Steak;
- Greenport – First and South, North Fork Oyster Co.;
- Hampton Bays – 1 North Steakhouse, Cowfish, Rumba;
- Hauppauge – The Grill Room;
- Huntington – Bravo Nader, Huntington Social;
- Islip – Verace, Legal Sea Foods, Mac’s Steakhouse, Porto Vivo, Ting Restaurant, XO Restaurant & Lounge;
- Jamesport – Luce & Hawkins;
- Mattituck – A Mano; Melville – Jewel Restaurant;
- Mt. Sinai – Amici Restaurant, Alexandros Restaurant;
- Miller Place – Blond Restaurant;
- Nesconset – Maria’s, Tates Restaurant;
- Patchogue – Chachama Grill, Harbor Crab Company, Oar Steak & Seafood Grill, Public House 49;
- Port Jefferson – The Fifth Season Restaurant, Pasta Pasta, Ruvo Restaurant;
- Port Jefferson Station – Carnival Restaurant, Paces Steak House;
- Riverhead – Bistro 72, Outerbanks;
- St. James – Villa Sorrento Restaurant; Sayville – Café Joelle, La Tavola;
- Smithtown – Casa Rustica, Chop Shop Bar and Grill, Garden Grill;
- South Jamesport – Bayview Inn and Restaurant;
- Southold – A Lure Chowder House & Oysteria;
- Stony Brook – Mirabelle Restaurant;
- Wading River – Amarelle, Michael Anthony’s FoodBar;
- West Islip – Roots Bistro Gourmand.
“The campaign has become a great way for restaurants to attract new customers just before the holiday season. It offers Long Islanders an affordable treat, giving them an opportunity to feast on some of the best dishes from area restaurants,” states Steve Haweeli, President of WordHampton Public Relations.
Long Island Restaurant Week is presented by WordHampton Public Relations, the creators of Hamptons Restaurant Week and is sponsored by LongIslandRestaurantNews.com and OpenTable. Media sponsors include Newsday, EastofNYC.com, Trends, Long Island Pulse, News 12, NewYorkCorkReport.com, WALK Radio 97.5 WBLI 106.1 and WEHM 92.9 & 96.9.
The campaign has garnered several awards since its inception including the prestigious Big Apple Award in the Marketing Consumer Services, Travel and Tourism/Hospitality sector by the New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) for excellence in research and situation analysis, planning, execution, results and evaluation.
Mark your calendars for the 10th Annual Hamptons Restaurant Week (www.hamptonsrestaurantweek.
The 2nd Annual Spring Long Island Restaurant Week (www.longislandrestaurantweek.
For further information contact WordHampton Public Relations at (631) 329-0050.